With recent waves of decriminalization and outright legalization over the past few years from countries as diverse as Canada, South Africa, and Uruguay, as well as various states within the U.S., significant opportunities exist in the cannabis testing market for analytical instrument suppliers.
Price above is for a company-wide, universal license of this report.
As the cannabis industry emerges from the black market to the grey market to the open market, it faces forces of standardization and regulation. Among other effects, this has stimulated the development of analytical testing methods for cannabis, and these new applications and methods are available not only in areas where the market is open, but also in geographies where the industry remains clandestine.
A variety of instruments and techniques, such as Gas Chromatography, HPLC, Supercritical Fluid Chromatography, Thin-layer Liquid Chromatography, GC/MS, LC/MS, ICP-OES, ICP-MS, X-Ray Diffraction Spectroscopy, and qPCR, are all employed for a variety of testing uses — including potency testing, heavy metal testing, and safety testing. And although many cannabis suppliers prepare samples before sending them to be tested, there also exists a small but quickly growing market for sample preparation.
SDi specializes in providing market research studies for the analytical and life science instrumentation industry. A number of these technologies can be applied to cannabis testing, but with different opportunities for growth across different segments. This report aims to characterize this market by meeting the following objectives:
- Estimate the market size for 11 specific categories of analytical technologies and provide segmentation by product type, end market, and application.
- Provide the 5-year growth rate for the cannabis testing instrumentation for all covered technologies including the growth rate for each category for seven relevant end markets.
- Provide qualitative insight about market forces for each category.
- Evaluate market share for technology suppliers.
- Assess the opportunities and threats that attend this novel marketplace.
Companies mentioned in this report:
- GE Healthcare
- GL Sciences
- Merck Millipore
- Phenomenex (Danaher)
- SCIEX (Danaher)
- Spark Holland
- Teledyne Tekmar
- Thermo Fisher