Microscopic techniques have revolutionized our understanding of the universe, both for the life sciences as well as for the basic understanding of matter and materials in the physical sciences and industry. While optical microscopy techniques provide a wealth of information, when researchers turn to smaller and smaller features, whether cellular components or cutting-edge electronics, only electron microscopy can deliver the resolution required to achieve these goals.
The market for these instruments remains a vital one, with a very broad array of applications in both industry and academia. This report details the market demand and growth prospects for many different product areas within the overarching field of electron microscopy: scanning electron microscopes (SEM), transmission and scanning transmission electron microscopes (S/TEM), focused ion beam (FIB) and dual beam instruments, tabletop SEM, as well as the various analyzers that can be combined with the microscope system for additional analysis: energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS), wavelength dispersive spectroscopy (WDS), electron backscatter diffraction (EBSD), cathodoluminescence, micro-XRF, and electron energy loss spectroscopy (EELS/RHEELS).
In addition to market data and forecasts for various segments within the market, this report features invaluable insights and data from a diverse sample of electron microscopy end-users. Data on usage, applications, budgets, vendor satisfaction, pain points, sample types, sample preparation and other aspects of these users’ workflows and usage of electron microscopy. The total market for electron microscopy instrumentation was in excess of $2.5 billion in 2018 and is expected to reach nearly $3.4 billion by 2023.
Objectives of this Report
- A global landscape and trends of the current market for the electron microscopy market.
- Specific market sizes and forecasts for many subtechniques within the technology. The report includes product segments for: SEM, tabletop SEM, S/TEM, FIB/Dual systems. The report also provides data on specific analyzer types: EDS, WDS, EBSD, cathodoluminescence, micro-XRF, and EELS/RHEELS.
- Market demand segmented by region, and end-user sector, along with market forecast
for the next five years.
- Competitive landscape of vendors participating in each technology.
- Review of business developments in the area and opportunities and threats facing the
- Thorough results of an online survey of 117 electron microscopy users, covering many aspects of their instrumentation, budgets, and usage.
Companies covered in this study:
- Applied Beams
- Delong Instruments
- EDAX (AMETEK)
- Gatan (Roper)
- Keysight Technologies
- Nanolab Technologies
- Oxford Instruments
- Parallax Research
- Polatechno (Nippon Kayaku)
- PulseTor / AAT
- Seron Technologies
- Staib Instruments
- Thermo Fisher
- Vacuum Tech Suppliers