Live cell imaging has grown significantly as a key application of life science research. The ability to better understand cellular processes and dynamics through live imaging has opened the door to new discoveries and improved research and development of therapeutics and vaccines. Typically conducted in early-stage R&D, live cell imaging utilizes imaging technologies which allow optimal environmental conditions for cell survival and growth in order to understand cellular process in native environments and their responses to pathogens and diseased states.
The market for live cell imaging is dynamic, with optical, confocal, and high content analysis instrumentation along with a robust consumables market including cell-based assays and labeling reagents. Additionally, advanced microscopy techniques such as multi-photon and light sheet microscopy are very well-suited for live cell imaging experiments due to the low phototoxicity of these techniques. This report covers key market dynamics, vendor participation and market share, opportunities and threats, and market segmentation by product type, region, end-user industry, and lab function.
Objectives of this Report:
- A global landscape and trends of the live cell imaging market, focusing on market size, growth and various product and end-user segmentations.
- Technology breakdown for the different types of microscopes and imaging products used for live cell imaging, as well as the important reagents that enable this analysis. The report includes: optical microscopy, confocal microscopy, advanced microscopy, high content analysis, and live cell imaging consumables.
- Market demand segmented by technology, product type, region, and function, along with market forecasts for the next five years for most segments.
- Competitive landscape of vendors participating in each technology.
- Current opportunity and threats in the live cell imaging market and overall background and information to flesh out the landscape
Included in this Report:
- A brief description of the different technologies covered in this report
- A timeline of recent market developments in live cell imaging
- Opportunities and threats impacting the live cell imaging market
- A five-year historical market demand table
- Market demand and five-year forecasts for five technology categories and the overall market, segmented by technique, product type, region, industry, and function
- An estimate of live cell imaging instrument types shipped in 2018
- Vendor share and vendor participation information on each of the five technology categories, as well as the overall market
Download the report brochure to view the full table of contents and sample data from this report.