The pharma/bio sector is one of the highest growing markets in the world, driven by innovations that aim to provide better medication and healthcare for mankind. The development and production of these therapeutics is a costly and lengthy process which is highly regulated at all steps. With significant investments required for R&D, manufacturing, and quality assurance, organizations involved in drug development rely on multidisciplinary talent and a diverse array of instrumentation to efficiently elucidate disease targets, screen compounds and biological molecules, and to determine the pharmacological properties and safety of these candidates before proceeding to clinical testing. The recent COVID-19 pandemic further emphasizes the importance of pharmaceutical R&D to find the cure, or even a better treatment and diagnosis for this novel virus.
Analytical instrumentation is at the heart of every drug discovery and development process. The inherent need for precise and accurate analysis of pharmaceutical and biotherapeutic compounds, combined with strict regulatory environments, ensures that laboratory testing of these materials sits at the forefront of analytical science and innovation. The 2020 Pharmaceutical Market Opportunity Report evaluates the global analytical instrument market for the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry. The report covers 74 different analytical techniques, categorized into 10 technological segments. The goal of this report is to provide a strategic perspective on the current situation and projected potential for analytical techniques used in pharmaceutical and biotech industries. Amid the coronavirus chaos, the pharma/bio sector is a unique market, as it is both hindered and stimulated by this pandemic. This report will examine the future direction of laboratory sales to pharma/bio, and how they being affected by this sudden macroeconomic impact, at least in the short term.
- Pharma/bio market background and current opportunities and threats.
- A global landscape and trends of the pharma/bio industry by region.
- Market demand segmented by technology, region, end user, function, and application, along with market forecast for the next five years.
- Technology breakdown for all analytical instrumentations that are used in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry. Technology categories included in this report are:
- Life Science Instrumentation
- Mass Spectrometry
- Lab Automation & Software
- Molecular Spectroscopy
- Atomic Spectroscopy
- Surface Science
- Materials Characterization
- Sample Preparation Techniques
- Lab Equipment
- Market share and competitive landscape of vendors participating in each technology category. Some of the top vendors in the overall market are presented below, in alphabetical order.
- BD Biosciences
- Beckman Coulter (Danaher)
- BIOVIA (Dassault Systèmes)
- GE Healthcare
- SCIEX (Danaher)
- Thermo Fisher