The total market for analytical and life science instrumentation was over $63 billion in 2018. Although there are well over 1,000 companies representing this space, the top 20 comprise nearly two thirds of total sales. These top companies dominate the market through a variety of product offerings in chromatography, mass spectrometry, life science instrumentation, spectroscopy, microscopy, and much more.
Knowledge about the laboratory space can be visualized in many different ways, in terms of technologies, end-markets and regional segments. But one of the most important ways of viewing the marketplace, both for market participants and for external investors and other observers, is through the competitive situation. To get a complete picture of the market, it’s important to assess vendor share across different technologies, and over time.
In order to help build a map of competitive intelligence of the biggest suppliers in lab instrumentation, SDi has produced Company Market Shares 2019: Competitive Profiles of Leading Instrument Suppliers.
Companies represented in this report include:
- Agilent Technologies
- Becton Dickinson
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- GE Healthcare
- Hitachi High-Technologies
- Merck (MilliporeSigma)
- Mettler Toledo
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
Objectives of this Report
- An in-depth picture of major global instrumentation companies, how they stack up against each other, how they participate in the market, and where they are gaining and losing share.
- An overview of how these important companies control the destiny of the overall instrumentation industry.
- Company background information that includes revenues for SDi’s traditional technology categories from the Global Assessment Report.
- How the lab instrument business has evolved for each company over the past five years.
- Estimated sales for various analytical technologies for each company.
- Estimated market shares for various analytical technologies for each company.
- A thorough timeline of relevant company acquisitions & dispositions, often going back decades
Download the report brochure to view the full table of contents and sample data from this report.